Microblading is a safe and effective form of cosmetic tattooing offering amazing results however like any treatment there are always things to be mindful of.
If you feel any of the below contraindications may apply to you please contact us and we can discuss this with you further.
Everyone’s pain threshold is different. Some clients experience little to no pain while others find microblading a little more uncomfortable. In order to minimise any discomfort we use two topical Anesthetics (similar to what is used before botox/fillers).
- We do not offer Microblading if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you think there is a possibility you may be pregnant we recommend you have a blood test.
- If you have Diabetes we require a letter from your GP.
- If you have a heart condition or high blood pressure and are taking blood thinning or any cardiovascular medications we require a letter from your GP.
- If you have a history of epilepsy or seizures we require a letter from your GP.
- We will not tattoo if you have a tendency to keloid or have any skin issues such as Psoriasis, Rashes, Abnormal skin texture, moles, dermatitis etc on the brow/eye area.
- If you have ever had a reaction to dental anaesthetics/dental blocks please inform us before making an appointment.
- If you are usually required to take antibiotics for any dental procedures then you will also require antibiotics before your Microblading appointment.
- Chemotherapy/RadiationTreatment must be completed 2 months prior to treatment and have a doctors clearance.
- Roaccutane, Retin-A medications or topical creams must be stopped 6 months prior to treatment.
- No Botox/Fillers 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Skin care that contains Alpha Hydroxy must be stopped 2 weeks prior to treatment.
PRE TREATMENT - VERY IMPORTANT!
- Any waxing/threading/tweezing must be done at least 3 days prior. We will shave any stray hairs that will effect your perfect brow shape at your appointment however any other form of hair removal cannot be done on the same day.
- No spray tans or similar on face.
- No facial peels or harsh exfoliants at least 3 days prior to treatment
- No Caffeine/Alcohol/Aspirin or Ibuprofen for 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
- Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 7 days before treatment.
- No chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser, botox/fillers or any other intense treatments 2 weeks prior.
- Wash your hair before your appointment as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.